One of the most important steps when adding staff members to your Upper Hand account is setting their availability. Adding staff member availability will make sure that you don't schedule a staff member for a training of camp during a time when they're unavailable. When adding a staff member to an event, you'll get a notification showing that a staff member is unavailable for the time that you're trying to schedule them. Now that you know what staff availability is used for, let's look at how we can set it up.
How to Set Staff Availability
- Visit the Contacts button in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the Staff tab in the middle of the window.
- Click on the name of the staff member whose availability you are setting up.
- Click the Edit button on the staff detail section that slides out from the right side.
5. Choose a Start Date for your availability. (If you'd like this availability to last indefinitely, make sure the indefinite box is checked. For a limited date, uncheck and choose the end date.)
6. Click the Days of the Week that you will be available.
7. Choose your Available Hours. (If you need each day to have a specific start and end time, click the "Day specific" button. You are able to add multiple start and end times to a specific day. This is perfect for giving lunch breaks or having morning and evening trainings.)
8. Add any Blackout Days by clicking the Add Blackout Days button above the save button. (To remove Blackout Days, click the X next to the date)
9. When your schedule is set, click the blue Save button on the bottom of the side bar.